H.E.A.L. (Horses, Encourage, Adventure, Leadership) at Lucky Star Ranch is a nonprofit that promotes self-development and individual success through a wide variety of therapeutic equine activities to all people in our community, specifically veterans and their families.
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.”-Winston Churchill
H.E.A.L (Horses, Encourage, Adventure and Leadership) at Lucky Star Ranch is a nonprofit organization that provides Healing, Encouragement, Adventure, and Leadership. We pride ourselves on serving veterans, their families, and the community. We offer outdoor therapeutic environments for all ages. Lucky Star Ranch is a two-thousand-acre high-fenced property located twenty-five minutes from Fort Drum in Chaumont, New York. This magnificent property has a twelve-stall horse barn, 60 x 150 ft. indoor riding arena, grooming stalls, heated viewing area, and is handicap accessible. The ranch is also a managed game farm with Trophy White Tail Deer, Red Stag, and Pere David Deer and a hundred-acre lake that is home to largemouth bass, northern pike, and black crappie. The ability for H.E.A.L. to partner with Lucky Star Ranch is an opportunity of a lifetime.
- H.E.A.L does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital, or family status.
- H.E.A.L exists to carry out and inspire the love, care, and responsible stewardship of horses by the people, staff, volunteers, and foster homes.
- H.E.A.L. adopted the values of PATH International.
- Promote self-development and individual success through a wide variety of equine therapeutic services.
- Provide equine assisted counseling, therapeutic horticulture, and equine-assisted learning.
- Host equine-assisted activities throughout the community, including equine education programs, veteran’s programs, and leadership retreats.